Tuesday, September 8, 2015


Wait, summer is almost over?

“Wow, it was cold this morning!” “The color of the leaves is changing!” “It’s September already?”
This is all I heard last week. So I had to act to make sure I am making use of the last few nice days of this summer. What’s the best way to do that in Colorado? Hiking? No, getting on the river! Thank God, a friend is a raft guide and was able to get a big raft for us to join!
Should we take the dog? “No, we are going to hit class III rapids!” All right then, off to Shoshone in the Glenwood Canyon!



The weather forecast just changed and rain was showing for 1PM. But hey, it’s only 10.30 and we are in the mountains. The weather forecast changes every 5 minutes so let’s go! Grab life jackets, water and anything that’s unnecessary for a boat and shuttle to the Shoshone exit.
God, it felt great to be on the river! The rapids were so much fun and once we finally made it to some hot springs, we were able to warm up and get soaked! Plus, no rain until we made it back to the car!
What a fun trip and a great way to enjoy the last bit of summer! Thanks to our friend for taking us out!

I hope you are enjoying your last days of the summer. Or are you ready to plan your next ski vacation?
I am here to help! Send me an email and I’ll get you started: Janine@snowsportvacations.com



No comments:

Post a Comment